This Policy applies to the Uncommon Success online learning platform, Uncommonsuccess.com website, and all associated applications and services including any third party software therein (Services), as provided by Living Real LLC and our other related entities (us, we, our).
We want to ensure that any personal information you provide us with while using our Services is protected. Before interacting with our Services, please read this Policy which sets out what information we collect from you and how we use it.
Please note that this Policy forms part of our Subscription Agreement which you accept and agree to by continuing to use our Services.
What information do we collect and hold?
We may collect and hold a variety of information from you while using our Services. This may include information which can be used to personally identify an individual (Personal Information).
Some types of Personal Information we may collect include:
- age and date of birth;
- e-mail address;
- street address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- credit card details;
- purchase and enquiry history with us; and
- any other information you disclose to us through interacting with the Services, our support team or otherwise.
We may also collect and hold other types of information about your interaction with our Services.
How do we collect Personal Information?
How we collect and store Personal Information depends on which Services you use and how you choose to interact with them.
We generally collect Personal Information directly from you in the following ways:
- through your use of our Services;
- through communications between you and our representatives or support team;
- through communications made between you and third parties through our Services;
- whenever you create an account with us;
- whenever you upload any content or data through our Services; and
- whenever you participate in our promotional offers or surveys.
We may also collect Personal Information from third parties such as:
- our business partners and contractors, such as those who provide offers or services related to us;
- social media sites where you have connected your account with our Services or where you have visited our social media pages such as those on Twitter, Google Plus and Facebook;
- poll and survey providers; and
How do we hold Personal Information?
We store Personal Information in electronic form on third party cloud based data hosting servers.
To protect Personal Information you provide us with from mishandling, loss or unauthorised access, we have taken reasonable steps to ensure that we and our third party data hosts conform with industry standard technical and organisational security measures.
Stored Personal Information may be combined or linked with any other information about you that we hold, including any information we receive from third parties.
What do we use Personal Information for?
We collect, hold, use and disclose Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to assess your identity and eligibility for the Services;
- to provide the Services;
- to provide you with updates on the Services;
- to provide you with newsletters and information on offers, products and services offered by us or our business partners;
- to provide support and communicate to you as our customer;
- to manage your subscription with us;
- to conduct our business operations;
- to process payments to or from you;
- to assess compliance with our Subscription Agreement;
- to provide information to our related bodies corporate;
- to provide information to our external service providers including, but not limited to, our data hosting partners and IT service providers;
- to display content and/or advertising that is relevant to you;
- our marketing, planning, research, maintenance and administrative purposes or those of our business partners;
- to provide to third parties where disclosed to you in this Policy or otherwise where authorised by you;
- to investigate any complaint made by or against you or to investigate any unlawful or improper use of our Services;
- as part of a transfer of our assets should we propose or proceed to sell, merge, seek investment in or otherwise alter ownership of our Services;
- as otherwise required in connection with providing the Services; and
- as permitted or required by law.
Where appropriate, we attempt to de-identify and use Personal Information anonymously.
Other Information & Third Parties
Whilst you are using our Services, we, our advertisers, business partners and other third parties may also collect and hold other information by using cookies or other technologies. Cookies allow tracking and storage of information about your use of the internet and our Services either directly or through third parties.
Cookies are used by us for various reasons including to:
- store your username and password for any subscription you have with us on a device;
- generate statistical, technical and descriptive information and reports about your use of the internet and our Services;
- understand your interests, demographic and location details;
- to personalise advertising; and
- to combine information about your usage patterns with similar information obtained from other users to help improve our Services.
Any content or website that is created or hosted by a third party, but is accessed by you via our Services (through embedding, hyperlink or otherwise), may be subject to that third party’s own privacy and data collection policies and practices which may vary from our own.
If you voluntarily disclose Personal Information via a publicly accessible feature of our Services (such as a forum), you do so at your own risk, as third parties may access and use this Personal Information to send you unsolicited material.
International Disclosure of Personal Information
We carry on our business operations internationally, but our business facilities are primarily based in Australia. Depending on your location, any Personal Information you provide us with is disclosed to and stored on third party cloud based data hosting servers located in Europe or overseas including in Oregon, United States.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that overseas recipients handle your Personal Information in accordance with our Policy.
Accessing and updating your Personal Information
You have a right to request access to and seek correction of any Personal Information we hold about you. You can make this request via the contact details at the end of this Policy.
If you have complaints, comments or concerns regarding this Policy, please first contact us directly via the contact details below. We will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible, but we ask that you allow us up to 30 days to respond before taking any other action.
We may update this Policy from time to time; the most current version of this Policy will always apply.
Last updated: 9 August 2023
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where "control" means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
Company (referred to as either "the Company", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to UNCOMMONSUCCESS, email@example.com.
Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
Country refers to: California, United States
Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
Service refers to the Website.
Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Website refers to UNCOMMONSUCCESS, accessible from https://uncommonsuccess.com/
You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
First name and last name
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be "Persistent" or "Session" Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Delete Your Personal Data
You have the right to delete or request that We assist in deleting the Personal Data that We have collected about You.
Our Service may give You the ability to delete certain information about You from within the Service.
You may update, amend, or delete Your information at any time by signing in to Your Account, if you have one, and visiting the account settings section that allows you to manage Your personal information. You may also contact Us to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that You have provided to Us.
Please note, however, that We may need to retain certain information when we have a legal obligation or lawful basis to do so.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
To which third parties will your data be communicated?
In order to provide you with our products or services, we have contracted the following service providers under their corresponding privacy conditions. These will only have access to the data strictly necessary to carry out their activity, and may not use the information for any other purpose.
Your rights under the GDPR
Here are your rights if you are located within the European Union:
- Right to access: This right allows you to obtain a copy of your personal data, as well as other complementary information.
- Right to restrict processing. With this right you can restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Right to rectification. You have the right to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Right to erasure. With this right you can ask us to delete or remove personal data when it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was originally collected or processed.
- Right to object to processing. With this right to object you can stop or prevent the processing of your Personal Data. This right exists when we rely on a legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing your Personal Data. You also have the right to object when we process your Personal Data for direct marketing and profiling purposes.
- Right to data portability. With this right you can receive your personal data that you have provided to UNCOMMONSUCCESS in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
To exercise your rights (mentioned above), you may contact the UNCOMMONSUCCESS Data Protection Officer by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. For residents outside the European Economic Area and Switzerland, please send an email to email@example.com. To learn more about your rights and how to exercise them, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your rights under the CCPA
This Policy reflects our compliance with the CCPA. Users' rights as California residents under the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") include:
- Right to know. With this right you may request further information about the personal data we have collected, including the categories of personal data and specific personal data, the categories of sources from which the personal data has been collected, the business or commercial purpose of the collection, and the categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed personal data.
- Right to deletion. With this right you can request the deletion of personal information we have collected about you.
- Right to opt-out. With this right you can opt out of the sale of your personal information. We do not sell personal information. However, service providers with whom we collaborate (e.g., our advertising partners) may use technology in the Service that "sells" personal information as defined by the CCPA. If you wish to opt-out of the use of your personal information for interest-based advertising purposes and these potential sales as defined by the CCPA, you may do so by following the instructions below. Please note that any opt-out is specific to the browser you use. You may be required to opt-out on all browsers you use.
- Right to correct. With this right you can correct inaccurate Personal Data that we have collected about you.
To exercise your rights (mentioned above), please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
CalOPPA "Do Not Track" Policy
“Do Not Track" Policy as required by California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA). Our site does not respond to Do Not Track signals. However, some third-party websites do track your browsing activities. If you visit these websites, you can set your browser preferences to inform the websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable DNT in your browser preferences or settings page.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent's consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By visiting this page on our website: https://uncommonsuccess.com/privacy-policy//
Last updated: June 30, 2023